Thursday, December 18, 2008

I should get over it!

I am not going to get over the mouse thing just yet BUT I have realized something else I just need to get over! While I was listening to Art read to Emma Kate about baby Jesus and poor sweet Mary tonight I realized something. Whew - she had it rough. I mean, I am anxious about a 4 hour car ride at 34 weeks pregnant this weekend. But Mary had to ride a donkey, a DONKEY people! No wonder she gave birth immediately upon arrival to her destination! Poor Mary. I am not going to complain the entire weekend! I may be feeling rough and a little ragged but I am seriously going to do my best to think about Mary when I start to feel sorry for myself. I know this is silly. Thankfully God didnt choose me to bear his perfect son. Pretty sure He knew Mary would be a much better choice!!! It would be kind of cool to have some Christmas Carols dedicated to me though - "Katie, Did you know".
Hope you can at least get a giggle out of that! Way to go Mary!

3 comments:

  1. don't you love being pg at christmas? it is special!! i like this post a lot - funny and thought provoking. i like new thoughts about Christmas - i pray for one each year. i like what you've now given me to ponder. i think i could rival mary in the pondering dept but not in the donkey-riding dept. the BH contractions are already KILLIN ME even when sitting still and my gosh - the donkey would def complicate things. well, she was prob having real ones and i don't know what that is like. ok - TMI on this whole comment. this should be for katie's eyes only :)

    so my new thought for this year is - did mary reinforce the fact of being God to her sweet baby? like "goodnight moon. you made it by the way. you are so powerful ..." etc. even if she didn't say it, being able to truthfully think that about your baby would be mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ladies crack me up. funny, but also a good thing to ponder. i definitely could complain less this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious!! Makes me laugh...and I love your deep thoughts. Blake laughed so hard when he read..."Katie, Did you know" funny!

    ReplyDelete