I have been having lots of those moments lately where I can step back from life for a split second and I just think, "Wow, I am this girls MOM!?" When did that happen? We have had so much good time together lately it has been wonderful. This age in my favorite so far - we have sweet talks about baby Jesus and baby sister and her baby dolls and animals and trees and whatever comes to her sweet mind. Yesterday one of her toys wasn't working (is was turned off), but she said, "Mommy, those batteries dead." What? She said it again when the computer all of the sudden decided to turn off too. That just cracks me up - she picks up on everything - a little scary, but so fun too! we went back to the library today and I think she just likes that bathroom or something b/c she ALWAYS has to go while we are there. There is no such thing as a quick trip to the library with us I guess - a few trips to the restroom and a lot of time picking out books - its an all morning event. Is it bad that I feel like a 'good mom' just for taking her there. Like, its makes her smarter just by setting foot inside or something - thats what I think anyway! PS - I also think I am supermom when I make pancakes - which has been often so I am feeling pretty good about myself lately (please take note of the sarcasm!) Art and EK will gobble up some pancakes and I get to feel productive before 7am!
I think this Christmas will be the best ever. She is already checking out the gifts under the tree and asking WHY? can't she open them already? It's probably mean of me to even have them out already and I know one day I will come into the living room and she will have the wrapping paper all over the room. As long as I get a picture of it though I think I will handle it okay!
This time of year is the best. I wish could always say "Merry Christmas" to strangers! I LOVE IT! Maybe I should figure out something to say that acknowledges the birth of our Saviour all year long! Any ideas? Emma Kate came home from school yesterday singing We wish you a Merry Christmas and Jingle Bells! I can't even explain how happy that made me - shes growing up into a little girl right before my very eyes. It is hard to believe. And this time next year I could be taking her little sister (who has no name) to her Christmas show. How fun!
I do realize that it is only December 3 and Christmas is 22 days away, but I am just so happy its that time of year!
I usually just read your blog through my google reader, but I pulled up the actual site today so I could make this comment and WOW...loving the new layout. You've been a worker! Now, for the comment that got me to pull up the blog in the first place...
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet post. My friend and I were talking about the kids we've been blessed to baby-sit and just yesterday I was telling her how I can't get over how much your little one has grown. Seems like she went from baby to big girl overnight!
As I read, the smile across my face got bigger and bigger until I read the line at the end about "taking her little sister to the Christmas show." Tears. What a fun thing to look forward to. PS...I don't care where I am next year, I'm coming to that show!
Thankful for the Douglas family!
i love this kid too! she still cracks me and amazes me with her smarts. thanks for sharing her with all of us!!!
ReplyDelete