T'was the week before Christmas
And all through the Douglas house
Not a creature was stiring
Except for a mouse.
YIKES!!! Its true!
We came home from small group last night ready to talk to Lindsey, brush our teeth and go to bed. One (or more) little friend had other plans for our evening. While Lindsey was sitting on the couch I (katie) saw a small mouse scurry from the hallway into the living room and behind the sofa. Art of course didn't believe me. He didn't see anything - I promise I did NOT make that up. Lindsey left a few minutes later after she saw the rodent with her own eyes. Yuck! I am sure she cant wait to come back! Please come back Miss Yinsey - we NEED you! So I was off to WalMart to purchase some humane/inhumane mouse trap - I don't care - I just want the sucker(s) dead. While I was a way, Art found the nest and in the meantime woke up the baby girl. Seeing that the mouses bed was found in Emma Kates closet it was kind of hard to keep quiet enough to let her sleep through it. When I go home she was sitting in bed staring at Daddy asking, "What you doin Daddy?". She was more than intrigued and couldn't wait to take a look herself. I kept telling her they were nice mice, but then why was I wanting to get rid of them? I had no explanation and got lots of "Why's?" on the way to MomMom and Papa's house. EK and I were awake till 1:30am. Whew - I am pretty tired. Art stayed home to man the traps and woke to nothing exciting. No mice took the bait of a ritz with peanut butter. Jerk. So I am home now with shoes on. I hope they will come out tonight (EK and I are staying again with my parents and Art will be in Chicago). Hopefully when we get home we will have some evidence of improvements in our rodent control. NASTY!!! If not, I am calling in back-up - Mr Doug Bradford, my trusty Arrow Exterminator friend!
Enjoy Art and Emma Kate's observation of what is happening here!
So once we get this figured out, I promise I will scrub scrub scrub every inch of the house. Please bring your kids and yourselves back into our home sometime soon!
Here's to more exciting Christmastime adventures!!! I just never ever know whats in store!
not even a mouse, or two, could keep me away from your precious family! Although I was glad to be sleeping in a mouse free house last night!
ReplyDeleteawesome. we'll have to start calling your house the Magic Kingdom. glad ya'll can laugh about it. here's wishing you good hunting.
ReplyDeleteI lived in a house once with cat sized rats and it is no fun! You are such a good mama.... just taking things as they come and laughing. I hope y'alls Christmas is great. I enjoyed catching up with you unexpectedly last week. Take care!
ReplyDelete