Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanks, Tommy!

So long Tommy T! What kind of Auburn fan/alum would I be without a sappy blog post about the departure of our football coach? I don't really know what I like about him, but he certainly seems like a nice man and a great coach. So what did Auburn go and do? Fire him (technically he resigned I guess) for one lousy season. That stinks. He did get a nice parting gift of almost 6million so maybe he's happy about it! My dad - the coolest Dad ever - who by the way had an excellent party last night for his firm - went to Tommy T's first "Auburn Fantasy Football Camp" where old dudes who used to play football got to pretend they could still play! I know that has to be up there in great life experiences for Dad! And I had tears in my eyes the first, and only time I met the man - at Chick-fil-A Seminar 2 years ago.

Here is the front of the Auburn Plainsman this week. Thanks for some seriously fun times as an Auburn Tiger fan! Lots of our family memories have to do with times at Auburn and BIG BIG wins over really great teams!!! In the future I will watch my "Hard Fighting Soldiers: Auburn Football 2004 Season" DVD with pride. Tear.


No comments:

Post a Comment