Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nothing new to report

Sad, but true. Estelle, our mouse lady friend has still not been captured. We went to Alma, GA yesterday hoping to return tonight to the sight and sound of a captured mouse. We returned disappointed. She is nowhere to be found. I am sure though she will reappear just in time for me to go to sleep or at 4am this morning to make Art ultra annoyed with me. It's been a week and we are still boarding a mouse. YUCK!
We just returned from a wonderful 24 hours in Alma. Arts mom grew up here and we celebrated in the house she grew up in. Her home there is a lot like ours and that very small town was so charming. I felt like we took a step back in time. Beautiful old homes, out-of-the-blue visitors popping in to say hello, fun playing in the yard, dinner at a restaurant owned by a cousin, grocery shopping at a store owned by another cousin. Very fun. Emma Kate had a blast and we enjoyed ourselves too.
Emma Kate was so sweet and a lot more loving to most of the family than usual. She has really changed a lot these last few weeks. The kindness I knew was inside seems to be shining through more and more. Constant hugs and kisses on my hand as we walk together. When I left her at school the other day she ran out, gave me a sweet hug, and said, "bye bye mommy. I love you!" Oh my heart. It is so full. On our trip this weekend there were actually moments that she entertained herself - pretty much unheard of these last two years. She was talking to her baby, telling stories (her fav right now is Jesus walking on the water), singing ABC's over and over, and lots of other things we find really really cute.
As soon as we arrived in Alma I told her we were there and named the people who were there and she got so excited bc she knew we had presents for them! She was so so excited about giving her presents. I love that!!! today we opened a few things and we had to encourage her to open them - she wanted to save them for Christmas Day and put them under her tree. Oh my. Tomorrow we see Santa. She plans to ask him for apple juice. I hope her requests stay so innocent and basic - we could handle that!!! but I'm not counting on it!
Next year we want to add The Elf of the Shelf to our Christmas fun. I know of a few people who have done it and it sounds so fun! Anyone know where to get it? I think I'll go check it out right now!
I just cant even imagine what life will be like this time next year. A 3 year old Emma Kate and an almost one year old too! Thats CRAZY!!! Hopefully Estelle won't still be here!!! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...Alma sounds just like Brewton! I can hardly wait to get home. It will be much of the same...I'll even have a little Emma Kate to entertain me. :)

    As for Santa, my sister has been asking my niece what she wants...last night she said, "I think I'd just like an orange and a pear." OMG!

    Elf on the Shelf...FABULOUS...Limetree...50% off!

    ReplyDelete