Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Whew! What a morning!

Am I off my rocker? Perhaps! But we had a super fun morning and I haven't seen Emma Kate this tired at 1pm in a LONG time! Ella came over at 9 this morning. We played, had a tea party, made birdfeeders, read books, played with blocks, puzzles, in the kitchen, and painted as you will see in this video.

After the painting fiasco was complete we somehow got cleaned up - all three of our clothes in the wash, new clothes on, shoes on, no raincoats even though it was pouring rain, and headed out the door for CFA. All three of us and baby D. Yikes! What was I thinking! I walked quickly inside with a 30lb 2 year old on each hip and walked right into a CFA video shoot. Are you kidding me? And of course they asked that I be in it - I tried to say no politely and now looking back I may have been quite rude. We played for a while - and yes, even I went on the playground - emma kate asked so sweetly that I couldn't resist. Had some chicken nuggets, talked to Miss Brenda of course and all of the other CFA staff there. Only on the way home did I realize I saw people I hadn't seen in over a year with PAINT ON MY EAR!!! I bet I really looked like I had it all together! But that's ok! We had a super time! Everything after that is kind of a blur I must admit!

Thanks Ella for coming to play! Thanks Court for trusting me with your little one! We really had a fun time!

Enjoy the video! We are both off to nap!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY! i cannot believe my child started the paint katie idea. so sorry!!! hilarious video. thanks a TON for doing that this morning. what a super mom to do that with only 8 weeks to go. i owe you big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! i cannot believe my child started the paint katie idea. so sorry!!! hilarious video. thanks a TON for doing that this morning. what a super mom to do that with only 8 weeks to go. i owe you big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why Monday is my favorite day of the week! I love these two so much! Makes me tear up just watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! I love it and would expect nothing less from you- super mom!!!

    ReplyDelete